What is the last thing you want when you own a business? HUGE operating expenses! The utility costs just keep on coming. Ready or not, you need to pay your water, phone, and electric bills. Will your business survive? Well, here is a ‘bright’ idea: se LED lights and save money every year.
Switch to LEDs Now
First, why should you switch? Energy efficiency, longer lifespan and being more environmentally friendly are the three main reasons why switching to LED lights is good for business. According to experts, and LED light’s lifespan is around 50,000 hours. If you use LED in your business, you will get 80% savings compared to halogen, incandescent and fluorescent lights, making them the best choice in the energy-efficiency criteria. LED lights are also environment friendly because they don’t have toxic mercury.
So, the first step is switching to LED lights. Now here are some ways to save electricity in your work area.
- Turn it off! Simple tip, right? Sorry, but most employees tend to forget it. So, if you have to, remind them daily! Let them know that some money saved by the business goes to their benefits or salaries. Here are some gentle reminders:
- If you don’t have to use your computer, please turn it off. Computers on stand-by mode
also use electricity.
- If you don’t need your desk lamp, turn it off. Lighted lamps will make your table look
classy and all, but if you don’t need it, it is just a waste of energy and money.
- Don’t bring chargers in the office. Charge your mobile phones at home before coming in.
- After your work, check all the equipment near your desk and turn them off.
- Make an Impact in Your Showroom! One great way to attract customers is to show off your products. LED lights for showrooms from Recoup Lighting are a good investment. Even if you light up the area for more than eight hours, your electric bill won’t skyrocket because of the LED lights. So feel free to show your products off all you want! Let them see and remember your products/business because of your eye-catching showroom displays. Having a customer buy a dozen of your products is well worth the investment.
- Go automatic! If you can afford it, get a light motion detector and place them in bathrooms, conference rooms and kitchen area. These can be found at Homebase for a low price. Once they leave the place, lights turn off automatically.
- Weekend off! If your business is only open from Mondays to Fridays, be sure to turn off all the office equipment before leaving. If possible, and to avoid fire too, turn off the main switch. Just switch it back on come Monday when employees are ready to start working.
- When it is time to change bulbs, remind the utility staff to buy only LED lights.
That’s it, five simple ways to save up on electricity. Remember, you can have great savings if you switch to LED lights in your workplace. Are LED lights expensive? The first buy might hurt a little, but you will get your ROI or return of investment within five months. So, it’s worth it!
We know you have worked hard to get that business started, don’t let it just fade away.